Sunday, May 24, 2009

Garden is Go!!

We got the veggies in today. Tons of work, but totally worthwhile. Celebrated with a swim, guacamole, and tacos. I'll try to post pics later (but my camera work is not nearly as good as Mrs. Jessie Rowles).

From North to South, in 8ft long rows:
2 hills of watermelon
TOMATOES
CARROTS (2 ROWS)
LETTUCE (2 ROWS)
BANANA PEPPERS
PIMIENTO PEPPERS
ZUCCHINI
SQUASH

CUCUMBERS are along the fence, along with peas, off the side of the patio. We've got a bunch of extra seeds, and a lot of peppers that are growing, so if anyone wanted to trade or take some, cool! I've got a guy whose gonna get me a few more tomatoes, Alison wants to put in potatoes, but if I had a choice, I'd like to go with okra, beans, or tomatillos.

And some bird has decided to make our hanging basket it's home.

Time to make the tacos...

5 comments:

alison said...

Lets do those things. What are tomatillos, anyway???

Jessie said...

My camera is not great by any means. Maybe when you come over Sunday, if you are coming, you can bring a shovel and extend my veggie garden. It is puny. I just have chive, walla walla onion and some cucumbers comin up...I think they are the cucumbers that survived...looks like it anyway. But nice job on all your work! Marty and I laughed while listening to the radio the other night about how everyone needs a "crisis garden!" WTF? Let's get carried away...CRISIS GARDEN? I like "liberty" a little better.

Captain Nate said...

Ruby, my dear,
you better be expecting me on Sunday.
And I'm sure your freedom garden is in great shape!

Jessie said...

Ruby?

Captain Nate said...

Old jazz number, "Ruby, My Dear", check out Thelonius Monk, good stuff. And if it isn't the camera, then it's the photographer that makes them look so good!